UNCTAD provides an intensive professional program for the Secretariat and the members of National Trade Facilitation Committees (NTFCs). The main objective is to help them implement, in a coordinated manner, trade facilitation reforms, including the provisions of the Agreement on Trade Facilitation of the World Trade Organization.
After successful completion of UNCTAD's Empowerment Program, members of the National Trade Facilitation Committee will be granted an UNCTAD certification of completion. The empowered NTFCs will be featured in UNCTAD's online repository on NTFCs.
- Courses developed by international experts in collaboration with other United Nations and international organizations (in particular, the International Trade Centre and the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe)
- Content tailor made to country-specific needs
- E-learning and face-to-face training
- Interactive methodology: “learning by doing”
- Technical visits in the field and training-of-trainers module included
- Establishing an NTFCs, if needed
- Improving teamwork dynamics within an NTFC
- Launching a national road map for mainstreaming trade facilitation in development policy
- Ensuring impact sustainability by transferring knowledge with a training-of-trainers approach and preparation of a knowledge transfer strategy
- Providing a sign of quality for donors and international agencies
TARGET AUDIENCE & LANGUAGE
- Current and future members of NTFCs, including their secretariats and a wide variety of public and private sector members
- English, French and Spanish
- Other languages may be available upon request
- A total of 4 to 5 modules of 30 hours each
- Module length of 3 to 5 days each, according to country-specific needs
- Possibility of choosing sequence of modules depending on current and future needs
- Optional “start-up” module on establishing an NTFC
- For more information on the different topics, please download our brochure here.
Interested in UNCTAD's Empowerment Program for NTFCs? You can write us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Download our brochure here for more information.