The Junior Professional Officer (JPO) Programme is addressed to young professional men and women who are interested in acquiring experience in the trade and development field.
A junior professional officer is sponsored by his/her national government for a limited period. During this time, the JPO acquires hands-on experience and contributes to UNCTAD’s activities in the area of research, policy analysis and advice, consensus-building and technical-assistance programmes.
UNCTAD’s JPO Programme is part of the United Nations Associate Experts Programme administered by the Department of Economic and Social Affairs of the United Nations. Further information on how to apply is available at http://esa.un.org/techcoop/associateexperts/index.html.
The donor Governments of the following countries participate in this programme:
||Republic of Korea
- Generally applicants should not be above the age of 32 years; it may vary among donor countries (please check individual donor country websites)
- Advanced university degree (Masters degree or equivalent combination of a degree and work experience)
- In most cases a minimum of two years of relevant work experience is required by donor countries
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Depending upon the duty station, excellent speaking and writing skills in one of the languages is essential. Depending upon the job description, proficiency in an additional United Nations language may be required
- Proficient computer skills