The Division on Investment and Enterprise of UNCTAD is a global center of excellence, dealing with issues related to investment and enterprise development in the United Nations System.
It builds on three and a half decades of experience and international expertise in research and policy analysis, intergovernmental consensus-building and technical assistance to developing countries.
Facts and figures:
- Key products and services: World Investment Report, World Investment Forum, Investment Policy Reviews, International Investment Agreements, Investment Information System, Investment Trends and Policy Monitors, Investment Facilitation Compact, Entrepreneurship, International Standards for Accounting and Reporting.
- Intergovernmental organs: Investment, Enterprise and Development Commission, and its subsidiary bodies
- Publications and reports: over 80 per annum
- Training sessions and workshops: 100 per annum
- Beneficiaries of its technical assistance: 107 countries, including 34 Least developed countries
- Director: James X. Zhan
- Organigramme: 4 branches, 9 sections and 2 Units
- Staff: close to 100