The first edition of the World Investment Forum (WIF) was held on the occasion of the UNCTAD XXII conference in Accra, Ghana, from 18 to 22 April 2008 bringing together 650 participants from across the world.
The Forum provided an unprecedented opportunity for senior policy-makers, corporate executives, investors and investment promotion agencies from developed and developing countries to meet and interact through a series of conferences, networking and social events.
The Forum explored trends in and prospects for FDI inflows, the role of FDI in economic development and improved methods for investment promotion and facilitation, offering views on opportunities and challenges arising from changing patterns of cross-border investment.
Given the success of its first edition, the World Investment Forum will become a regular event to be held biennially.
World Investment Forum Report 2008:
- Full report [PDF, 34 Pages, 6670Kb]
- Introduction and Highlights [PDF, 9pp., 2111KB]
- Global Leaders Investment Debate [PDF, 4pp., 1126KB]
- Interactive Sessions I, II and III [PDF, 9pp., 2218KB]
- Ministerial round table and Investment Advisory Council [PDF, 9pp., 1938KB]
- Other Events [PDF, 7pp., 1383KB]