The World Investment Report focuses on trends in foreign direct investment (FDI) worldwide, at the regional and country levels and emerging measures to improve its contribution to development. Click on the "Reports" tab below to download a free copy of this report. Overviews of the report are also available in all official UN languages.
Every issue of the Report has:
- Analysis of the trends in FDI during the previous year, with especial emphasis on the development implications.
- Ranking of the largest transnational corporations in the world.
- In-depth analysis of a selected topic related to FDI.
- Policy analysis and recommendations.
- Statistical annex with data on FDI flows and stocks for 196 economies.
08 July 2012UK Trade and Investment Minister welcomes UNCTAD World Investment Report
"This is a fantastic vote in the future of the British economy and British businesses," said Lord Stephen Green, UK Trade and Investment Minister, as the World Investment Report placed the UK top in Europe and second in the world for attracting inward investment, after the United States.
04 July 2012UNCTAD World Investment Report 2012 launched
UNCTAD's flagship publication, World Investment Report 2012: Towards a New Generation of Investment Policies, was launched today in Geneva by Dr. James Zhan, Director of the Investment and Enterprise Division, as well as by staff and collaborators worldwide. UNCTAD Secretary-General, Dr. Supachai Panitchpakdi will present the Report at a roundtable in London tomorrow.
22 Jun 2016,
24 Jun 2014,
27 Jun 2013,
05 Jul 2012,
16 Mar 2012,
21 Jul 2010,
16 Sep 2009,
23 Sep 2008,
15 Oct 2007,
15 Oct 2006,