The Trade, Gender and Development Programme in the Division on International Trade in Goods and Services, and Commodities discharges the following main functions:
- It carries out in depth-research on trade, gender and development.
- It strengthens teaching and research capacities on trade and gender among academics, government officials and civil society in developing countries.
- It raises awareness among policymakers, stakeholders and donors on the links between trade and gender
- It liaises with UNCTAD Division/ Programmes/ Special Units to mainstream gender in the substantive work of the organization.
- It contributes to a global gender agenda to support countries in achieving gender equality and women's empowerment