As part of UCNTAD assistance to WAEMU's regional competition framework, UNCTAD will organize a regional competition forum in Ouagadougou- Burkina Faso from 27 to 30 November 2012 to discuss (i) the relationship between competition authorities and sector regulators; and (ii) competition policy and public procurement within the WAEMU competition regime. In addition, the Forum will gather competition experts, from national competition agencies from Member States sector regulators, scholars and representatives of civil society. International competition experts from France and Switzerland will also share their experience with participants during this forum (see programme attached).
It is expected that the recommendations of the forum will enhance the collaboration of national structures and the community for an effective enforcement of the WAEMU Community competition rules.
Participants: Competition officials and Representatives of Sector Regulators from WAEMU's member States and the WAEMU Commission.
• Mr Amadou Dieng, Director, Competition Division, WAEMU
• Prof. Patrick L. Krauskopf, Former Deputy Director Swiss Competition Commission
• Prof. A. Sakho, Deputy Chairman, National Competition Commission, Senegal
• Dr. Mor Bakhoum, Senior Research fellow, Max Plank Institute for Intellectual Property and Competition Law, Munich, Germany.
• Mr. Didier Pallandre, Raporteur, Autorité de la Concurrence, Paris
• Yves Kenfack, Economic Affairs Officer, CCPB
• Mr. Guy Charrier, International Consultant on Competition law and policy