Organized by UNCTAD, the United Nations Statistics Division (UNSD), the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and the Statistical Office of the Republic of Korea (Statistics Korea) in cooperation with the Partnership on Measuring ICT.
The seminar takes place at the half-way point between the Tunis phase of the WSIS and 2015, when the UN General Assembly will review progress towards achieving the WSIS targets, in line with the Millennium Development Goals.
More than 100 experts from statistical agencies, international organizations and other relevant stakeholders will meet to discuss new developments, trends and challenges related to ICT statistics. Discussions will assess progress in different ICT areas and facilitate an exchange of experiences.
Issues to be addressed:
- ICT statistics and policy making
- New developments in mobile and broadband communication technology
- Measuring household ICT access and individual use
- Measuring the evolving ICT sector and ICT trade
- Measuring ICT use by businesses
- Measuring ICT in education, e-government and online security
- Discuss regional and international approaches to enhancing ICT data availability