At the invitation of the Government of the Kingdom of Bahrain, and under the patronage of the Central Bank of Bahrain, UNCTAD is organising a two-day workshop for senior officials and policy-makers from Bahrain and the region.
The invitation follows the positive reception that the Trade and Development Report (TDR) 2011 received in Bahrain.
The workshop aims to respond to the desire of the Bahrain authorities to ensure that TDR2011 benefits a wide spectrum of society in the Kingdom of Bahrain, from within the government, academia and civil society.
Three of the five workshop sessions will be led by:
Mr. Heiner Flassbeck, Director, Division on Globalization and Development Strategies (DGDS):
- The global financial and economic crisis - an UNCTAD Perspective
- The global monetary order and the international trading system
- The Eurozone - What Future?
Mr. Ugo Panizza, Chief, Debt and Finance Analysis Unit, DGDS will present and discuss:
- Financial Sector Regulation and Restructuring After the Crisis
Mr. Raja Khalidi, Chief, Office of the Director, DGDS, will lead the closing session on:
- The economic dimensions of transformations in the Arab region
Participation is by invitation only