This roundtable discussion is organized jointly by UNCTAD and the International Centre on Trade and Sustainable Development (ICTSD).
The purpose is to examine the state of play as well as possible options and scenarios for achieving progress in the Doha Development Round on TRIPS issues that were discussed at the WTO Mini-Ministerial meeting last July, including:
Geographical indications (GIs) and
- Disclosure of origin.
- Frederick M. Abbott, Professor of Law, Florida State University College of Law
- Maximiliano Santa Cruz, Permanent Mission of Chile
- Gabrielle Marceau, Cabinet of the Director-General, WTO
- Sergio Balibrea, Delegation of the European Commission
- Sunjay Sudhir, Permanent Mission of India
The debate will be followed by an exchange of views with participants.
Discussions will be targeting developing countries delegates to the WTO, NGOs and other interested stakeholders.
The intended outcome for this roundtable is to provide insightful inputs that may enhance a fresh launch of Doha Round negotiations in the area of TRIPS.