UNCTAD Handbook of Statistics 2002 provides a comprehensive collection of statistical data relevant to the analysis of world trade, investment and development, for individual countries and for economic and trade groupings. Data are presented in an analytical way, through the use of rank orderings, growth rates and other special calculations, with a view to facilitate their interpretation. The Handbook is a valuable tool for research, policy making and education, which can also be used in conjunction with the CD-ROM
or the on-line version
The UNCTAD Handbook of Statistics 2002 offers to users reliable coherent data on the following subjects:
- International merchandise trade: values, trends and regional trade zones;
- Trade in services;
- Export and import structure by products and by regions of origin and destination, and related concentration indices;
- Volume and terms of trade indices;
- Commodity prices and relevant price indices;
- International financial data: current accounts, foreign direct investment, external indebtedness, workers’ remittances, etc.;
- Selected indicators of development: GDP and various social and telecommunications indicators;
In addition to the traditional broad coverage of development statistics, the 2002 edition offers several new data sets:
- Export/import concentration indices by product;
- Diversification and structural change in trade indices;
- Instability indices of prices of primary commodities;
- Environment protection and tourism indicators.
For more information, please visit the web section about UNCTAD´s Statistics .