UNCTAD HANDBOOK OF STATISTICS 2006-07
The UNCTAD Handbook of Statistics 2006-07 provides a comprehensive collection of statistical data relevant to the analysis of international trade, investment and development, for individual countries and for economic and trade groupings. The publication presents consolidated reference statistics considered of particular importance for describing how developing countries and economies in transition have evolved in the context of globalization. Data are presented in an analytical way in order to facilitate their interpretation. The printed edition of the Handbook is a valuable tool for research, policy making and education, which can also be used in conjunction with the DVD or the Internet version of the publication. The latter two contain the full time series of data.
The UNCTAD Handbook of Statistics 2006-07 provides users with reliable coherent data on the following subjects:
- International merchandise trade: values, trends and regional trade zones;
- Export and import structure by products and by regions of origin and destination, and related concentration and diversification indices;
- Volume and terms of trade indices;
- Average applied import tariff rates;
- Trade in services: total trade and trade by sector;
- Maritime transport: world merchant fleet;
- Commodity prices and relevant price indices; production and processing of selected raw mineral commodities;
- International financial data: current accounts, capital and financial accounts, foreign direct investment, external indebtedness, workers´ remittances, etc.;
- Indicators of development: GDP, population and labour, and selected development indicators.