This report is a joint product of the Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA), the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) and the five United Nations regional commissions
- Economic Commission for Africa (ECA)
- Economic Commission for Europe (ECE)
- Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC)
- Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP)
- Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA)
It provides an overview of recent global economic performance and short-term prospects for the world economy and of some key global economic policy and development issues.
One of its purposes is to serve as a point of reference for discussions on economic, social and related issues taking place in various United Nations entities in 2007.