Regional Meeting on Promoting Services Sector Development and Trade-Led Growth in Africa
12 - 13 septiembre 2013
United Nations Conference Centre, Menelik II Ave
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Etiopía
The Regional Meeting will bring together trade officials and services policy-makers, regulators, private sector, academia and research institutions, civil society, as well as regional players and international organizations active in supporting services work in Africa, including the UN regional commission and regional organizations of developing countries.
Participants will share their experiences with policy-making and trade negotiations as well as their findings from their research on the services sector, discuss best-fit practices and lessons learned on how to enhance coherence, coordination and cooperation at the national and regional levels for leveraging the development benefits of services and services trade.
The specific issues that the Regional Meeting will cover include:
- Achieving sustainable development and job creation through the services sector.
- Services trade liberalization across Africa: main opportunities and challenges.
- Developing strategies for services sector development.
- Enhancing stakeholders involvement in services policy making and negotiations.
- Tackling the challenges of policy implementation.
- The role of development partners and donors, including the promotion of coherence and cooperation.
|Organizado con:||UNCTAD in collaboration with the African Union Commission (AUC) and the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA).|
|Patrocinador / financiamiento:||Organisation international de la Francophonie (partial funder)|