The Review of Maritime Transport is one of UNCTAD´s flagship publications, published annually since 1968. It reports on the worldwide evolution of shipping, ports and multimodal transport related to the major traffics of liquid bulk, dry bulk and containers.
Every issue provides:
- Tonnage loaded in world ports and developments of the world merchant fleet;
- Major events affecting sea transport of crude oil, oil products, iron ore, coal, grain, bauxite/alumina and rock phosphate;
- Indexes and average freight rates for major traffics and routes;
- Total freight costs by country groups;
- Port developments;
- Trade and transport efficiency developments;
- Review of transport developments in one region.
A number of tables containing information such as the top 20 container carriers and the top 20 world container ports are also provided, together with statistical annexes of country fleet size by major ship categories.
World merchant fleet by flag of registration and by type of ship
For further information on any of these Reviews, please contact the Trade Logistics Branch, Division on Technology and Logistics.