The crises triggered by the Covid-19 pandemic and global warming pose particular challenges for developing economies and could impede their efforts to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Developing countries need innovative and integrated policy strategies to address their specific vulnerabilities and constraints in pursuing resilient, green, and transformative development.
Experience-sharing and peer learning between developing countries can help to raise the capacity of policymakers and institutions. In addition, among Asian countries, China’s experience since 2015 in promoting High-quality development may also provide a useful reference point.
Regional cooperation and policy coordination with respect to green development remains inadequate among developing economies and are crucial in reducing costs and creating synergies between national strategies, as neither viruses nor climate change respect national borders.
The project therefore also aims to foster partnership and strengthen policy coordination at the regional level in Asia.
Objective of the Project:
The project aims to assist the targeted countries in Asia in their efforts to reach SDGs and green transformation through two channels:
- enhance national capacity to formulate integrated policy strategies, including South-South peer learning.
- fostering regional cooperation in project-concerned areas.
To reach the objective, the project will implement various activities including conducting policy research and analysis, organizing capacity-building events, facilitate policy experience sharing and peer learning, and fostering cooperation and coordination network. The activities will be organized at both national and regional levels.
Link to the SDGs:
- SDG 8 Promote sustained, inclusive, and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
- SDG 9 Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- SDG 13 Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
- SDG 17 Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development
SociosBRI International Green Development Coalition; Kazakhstan Institute for Strategic Studies; Third World Network, Malaysia; Social Protection Resource Centre, Pakistan; Istanbul Kadir Has University, Türkiye
Donantes2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development Sub-Fund of UN Peace and Development Trust Fund of DESA
Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Pakistan, Türkiye