The eTrade Readiness Assessments provide a snapshot of the e-commerce ecosystem in developing countries and regions for each of the seven pillars of the eTrade for all initiative, which are key to embrace their digital transformation: e-commerce assessments, ICT infrastructure, payment solutions, trade facilitation and logistics, legal and regulatory frameworks, skills development, and access to finance. They also address challenges related gender equity and measurement of e-commerce.
- Enhance knowledge on digital economic developments and their implications for national and regional e-commerce strategies.
- Strengthen stakeholders’ overall perception of e-commerce and foster public-private dialogue among e-commerce sector participants.
- Identify the challenges and opportunities of e-commerce growth through a mix of quantitative and qualitative approaches (secondary data collection/analysis, focus groups and multi-stakeholder consultations, online surveys, targeted interviews).
- Identify priority actions, with key stakeholders, in the seven policy areas.
- Develop synergies and programmes between beneficiary countries and development partners to implement the eTrade Readies recommendations.
5 cosas que hay que saber sobre las evaluaciones sobre el estado de preparación para el comercio electrónico
A través de las evaluaciones, la UNCTAD ayuda a los países en desarrollo a aprovechar la evolución de la economía digital para el desarrollo inclusivo.
Documents and Publications
Member States of the Economic Community of West African States: eTrade Readiness Assessment
UNCTAD/DTL/ECDE/2022/1 - 21 set. 2022
Kenya: eTrade Readiness Assessment
UNCTAD/DTL/ECDE/2022/2 - 30 jun. 2022
Fast-tracking implementation of eTrade Readiness Assessments – Second edition
UNCTAD/DTL/STICT/2022/5 - 31 mayo 2022
Jordan: eTrade Readiness Assessment
UNCTAD/DTL/STICT/2021/6 and Corr.1 - 21 feb. 2022