The extent of physical and/or virtual participation will depend on the prevailing conditions at the time.
In line with the agreed conclusions adopted by the Eighth United Nations Conference to Review All Aspects of the Set of Multilaterally Agreed Equitable Principles and Rules for the Control of Restrictive Business Practices (TD/RBP/CONF.9/9), held on 19-23 October 2020, the deliberations at the nineteenth session of the Intergovernmental Group of Experts will focus on the following topics:
- Report on the implementation of the guiding policies and procedures under section F of the Set of Multilaterally Agreed Equitable Principles and Rules for the Control of Restrictive Business Practices.
- Report of the working group on modalities of UNCTAD voluntary peer reviews of competition and consumer protection law and
- Competition law, policy and regulation in the digital
- Competition advocacy during and in the aftermath of the COVID-19
- International experiences and best practices in competition law enforcement against cross- border
- Voluntary peer review on competition law and policy: Malawi.
- Review of capacity-building on and technical assistance in competition law and
- Review of chapter XIII of the Model Law on Competition, part 2:
- Provisional agenda for the twentieth session of the Intergovernmental Group of Experts on Competition Law and
- Adoption of the report of the nineteenth session of the Intergovernmental Group of Experts on Competition Law and
In order to facilitate the deliberations and the informal exchange of experiences and best practices on the topics to be discussed, member States and observers are requested to submit written contributions to the UNCTAD secretariat by Friday, 4 June 2021, to allow participants to prepare themselves for the nineteenth session of the Intergovernmental Group of Experts.
This meeting is open to all member States of UNCTAD. Other organizations, including specialized agencies, intergovernmental bodies and non-governmental organizations in the general category may participate as observers.
TemaCompetition and consumer protection
- Intergovernmental Group of Experts on Consumer Protection Law and Policy, fifth session
- Twelfth Meeting of the UNCTAD Research Partnership Platform
Communications concerning representation:
Intergovernmental Support Service
Palais des Nations
CH-1211 Geneva 10
Fax: 41 22 917 0214
Substantive and other inquiries:
Competition Law and Policy and Consumer Protection Branch
T.: + 41 22 917 18 78