Egypt last year launched a new National E-commerce Strategy.
The strategy was developed in cooperation between UNCTAD and the Ministry for Communication and Information Technology through UNCTAD's ICT Policy Review Programme. It aims to support Egypt in growing its digital economy and to achieve the implementation of its Sustainable Development Goals Vision 2030.
In the presence of H.E. Mr Yasser El Kady, Minister of Communications and Information Technology, the new strategy will be showcased and country's vision towards making Egypt a leading e-commerce economy spelled out.
The presentation will be followed by an interactive discussion with multiple stakeholders.
• H.E. Mr. Alaa Youssef, Ambassador, Permanent Representative of the Egypt to the United Nations Office and other international organizations in Geneva
• Ms. Isabelle Durant, Deputy Secretary-General, UNCTAD
Egypt's Vision and Strategy for E-commerce Development
• H.E. Mr. Yasser El Kady, Minister of Communications and Information Technology, Egypt
Highlights of the National E-commerce Strategy for Egypt
• Ms. Shamika N. Sirimanne, Director, Division on Technology and Logistics, UNCTAD
Statement by MasterCard
• Mr. Khalid Elgibali, President, Middle East and North Africa, Mastercard
• Dr. Abdulla Almudaimegh, Advisor to the Minister of Commerce & Investment on eCommerce, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
• H.E. Mr. Farukh Amil, Permanent Representative of Pakistan to the UN at Geneva
• Mr. Martin Molinuevo, Senior Counsel, Macroeconomics, Trade and Investment Global Practice, World Bank
• Mr Ahmed Elfangary, Managing Director, DHL Express Egypt
There is some issue in accessing document path, Please contact to Site Admin