UNCTAD's business facilitation programme is a digital government platform that helps governments use technology to simplify and automate public administration.
Our tools make it easier to:
- Create businesses
- Obtain import and export licenses
- Make social security contributions
- Pay taxes
- Access Covid rescue packages
- Process work and residence permits
Our tools benefit:
- Entrepreneurs, particularly women and young people.
- Businesses needing to operate and trade
- Governments seeking to consolidate their revenue base
- Administrations seeking to improve efficiency and move away from paper-based systems
Our verified impact includes:
- Increased MSME growth
- More women and youth entrepreneurs
- Faster and more efficient administrations
- Reduced corruption
- Lower business costs
- Improved business environment
Digital Information Portals
These include investment portals and trade portals. They provide citizens and businesses with detailed step-by-step information on registration, licensing, importing and exporting and enable the mapping and simplification of government procedures.
Digital Single Windows
Simple or complex procedures involving one or more government departments (such as creating a business) can be placed online and automated. Government procedures become more accessible to the poor, women, youth and rural populations.
Digital Fiscal Services
An integrated accounting tool that generates all required tax filings. By entering their accounts online, businesses can automatically generate monthly, quarterly and annual filings, promptly and accurately. It is also an essential revenue-raising platform for governments.
Global Enterprise Registration (GER.co)
A global website evaluating information portals and online single windows relating to enterprise registration.