With the programme “Linking trade, biodiversity and sustainable development” ending in October 2022, the meeting aims to:
· share lessons learned and positive experiences on the implementation of BioTrade, including any highlights that took place in 2021; and
· discuss the sustainability and future of BioTrade beyond the current program, including strengthening collaboration amongst BioTrade partners
The 5th annual Stakeholders Steering Committee (5SSC) meeting will be held virtually using the Zoom platform as follows:
1. 10 May 2022: Post-2020 global biodiversity framework; and
2. 18 May 2022: Sustainability and future plans
In March 2018, the UNCTAD BioTrade Initiative launched the programme “Linking trade, biodiversity and sustainable development” with the financial support of the Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO. This 4-year programme aims to contribute to the advancement of SDGs 12, 15 and 17, and relevant Aichi targets – as well as the upcoming post-Aichi targets. This is done by increasing coordination and knowledge sharing among stakeholders; creating an enabling policy environment for BioTrade companies; and facilitating market linkages for companies selling BioTrade-related products. The programme is being implemented by UNCTAD in close collaboration with its BioTrade partners and relevant stakeholders.
A crucial element of the programme is the Stakeholders Steering Committee (SSC), which annually brings together BioTrade partners and serves as the coordination mechanism set out under the programme to promote collaboration and cooperation. The SSC also serves as a platform to review a four-year work plan known as the Roadmap as well as sets priorities, guides partners' interventions, allocates responsibilities, and lists areas of potential partnerships. Additionally, at the SSC, BioTrade partners have an opportunity to identify emerging issues and share lessons and good practices learned from implementing BioTrade-related activities.
The SSC is organized under the global BioTrade programme “Linking trade, biodiversity and sustainable development” with the financial support of the Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO.
Participating BioTrade partners
There is some issue in accessing document path, Please contact to Site Admin
- First Stakeholders Steering Committee Meeting for BioTrade
- Second Stakeholders Steering Committee (SSC) Meeting for BioTrade
- Third Stakeholders Steering Committee (SSC) Meeting for BioTrade [On-line]
- Fourth Stakeholders Steering Committee (SSC) meeting for BioTrade
- Fifth Stakeholders Steering Committee Meeting for BioTrade (Session 1): Session on the post-2020 global biodiversity framework
Ms. Lorena Jaramillo, email@example.com
Ms. Ivana Padierna, firstname.lastname@example.org