Building on the high-level policy dialogue on productive capacities held in Addis Ababa from 3 to 4 March 2022), the national statistical training workshop has the following objectives:
- To build statistical capacities of Ethiopia through training of national statistical experts to compute country-specific PCI;
- To share statistical and methodological as well as computational aspects of the PCI and to expose national statisticians to UNCTAD’s Productive Capacities Index (PCI);
- To enhance the capacity of Ethiopia statistical experts to regularly compute and update the PCI using UNCTAD’s methodology; and
- To explore how the PCI can be used in national statistics and policy-making processes.
Participants of the training workshop are statisticians, development policy advisors and experts and will be drawn from the public and private sector as well as academic institutions and think-tanks of Ethiopia.
The workshop will consist of a statistical and methodological training for statisticians on the Productive Capacities Index.
There is some issue in accessing document path, Please contact to Site Admin
TopicAfrica Least developed countries
- National training workshop on fostering productive capacities in Kenya for industrialization, export diversification, and inclusive growth
- National policy-level workshop on fostering productive capacities in Ethiopia for industrialization, export diversification, and inclusive growth
Mr. Mussie Delelegn, Chief
Productive Capacities and Sustainable Development
Division for Africa, LDCs and