The workshop will consist of statistical and methodological training for statisticians on the Productive Capacities Index (PCI).
The main objectives of the statistical training are:
- To build statistical capacities of Malawi through the training of national statistical experts to compute and interpret country-specific PCI;
- To share statistical and methodological as well as computational aspects of the PCI and to expose national statisticians to UNCTAD’s Productive Capacities Index (PCI);
- To enhance the capacity of Malawian statistical experts to initiate processes to enhance the validity of the results for Malawi;
- To explore how the PCI can be used in national statistics and policy-making processes;
- To foster a network of national statisticians who work and exchange on PCI; and
- To collect feedback for the Statistical and Technical Advisory Group (STAG) of the PCI.
There is some issue in accessing document path, Please contact to Site Admin
TopicLeast developed countries Africa
- National policy-level workshop on the fostering of productive capacities to build socioeconomic resilience to adverse shocks and realize the development vision of Malawi
Mr. Mussie Delelegn
Acting Head, Productive Capacities and Sustainable Development Branch
Division for Africa, LDCs and Special Programmes