The Junior Professional Officer (JPO) Programme for young professionals who are interested in acquiring experience in the fields of trade and development.
A junior professional officer is sponsored by their national government for a limited period. During this time, the JPO acquires hands-on experience and contributes to UNCTAD’s activities in the area of research, policy analysis and advice, consensus-building and technical assistance programmes.
UNCTAD’s JPO Programme is part of the United Nations Associate Experts Programme administered by the Department of Economic and Social Affairs of the United Nations.
More information on how to apply is available at: Department of Economic and Social Affairs Junior Professional Officer Programme.
The following donor Governments participate in this programme:
|Republic of Korea
- Generally, applicants should not be above the age of 32 years; it may vary among donor countries (please check individual donor country websites)
- Advanced university degree (Masters degree or equivalent combination of a degree and work experience)
- In most cases, a minimum of two years of relevant work experience is required by donor countries
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Depending upon the duty station, excellent speaking and writing skills in one of the languages is essential. Depending upon the job description, proficiency in an additional United Nations language may be required
- Proficient computer skills