The eTrade Readiness Assessments provide a snapshot of the e-commerce ecosystem in developing countries and regions for each of the seven pillars of the eTrade for all initiative, which are key to embrace their digital transformation: e-commerce assessments, ICT infrastructure, payment solutions, trade facilitation and logistics, legal and regulatory frameworks, skills development, and access to finance. They also address challenges related gender equity and measurement of e-commerce.
- Enhance knowledge on digital economic developments and their implications for national and regional e-commerce strategies.
- Strengthen stakeholders’ overall perception of e-commerce and foster public-private dialogue among e-commerce sector participants.
- Identify the challenges and opportunities of e-commerce growth through a mix of quantitative and qualitative approaches (secondary data collection/analysis, focus groups and multi-stakeholder consultations, online surveys, targeted interviews).
- Identify priority actions, with key stakeholders, in the seven policy areas.
- Develop synergies and programmes between beneficiary countries and development partners to implement the eTrade Readies recommendations.
Mongolia eyes e-commerce to diversify its economy
An UNCTAD assessment shows the country has made progress in laying the foundations of a solid digital ecosystem and charts a path to overcome the challenges ahead.
5 things to know about eTrade readiness assessments
Through the assessments, UNCTAD helps developing countries harness the evolving digital economy for inclusive development.
UNCTAD assessment set to boost digital economy in Peru
The eTrade readiness assessment underway in Peru will help accelerate digital transformation and e-commerce development efforts.
Documents and Publications
Mongolia: eTrade Readiness Assessment
UNCTAD/DTL/ECDE/2023/2 - 07 Jun 2023
Member States of the Economic Community of West African States: eTrade Readiness Assessment
UNCTAD/DTL/ECDE/2022/1 - 21 Sep 2022
Kenya: eTrade Readiness Assessment
UNCTAD/DTL/ECDE/2022/2 - 30 Jun 2022
Fast-tracking implementation of eTrade Readiness Assessments – Second edition
UNCTAD/DTL/STICT/2022/5 - 31 May 2022