In its continued effort to support African Countries in their national and regional Trade Facilitation reforms, UNCTAD will organize the First African Forum for National Trade Facilitation Committees (NTFCs) in cooperation with the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation, International Trade Centre, United Nations Centre for Trade Facilitation and Electronic Business (UN/CEFACT), United Nations Commission for Africa, World Bank Group, ?World Customs Organization, and World Trade Organization.
The Forum aims to be the reference event in Africa where stakeholders from the public and private sector, can boost together their capacities towards the implementation of the WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA).
Objectives of the Forum
- Knowledge sharing: The forum will invite world-wide experts to update participants on the latest trends in the implementation of the WTO TFA at the national and the regional level. Experts will also guide members of the NTFCs on how to reap the benefits from digital economy and the latest technologies such as blockchain, trade portals among others.
- Promoting best practices: Policy makers, Customs officers, and business representatives from 54 African Countries will drive the discussions on the success factors and lessons learnt in the implementation of Trade Facilitation reforms and solutions for challenges.
- Matchmaking for cooperation: The event will offer a unique opportunity for African Countries to get information on the available Trade Facilitation programmes in the region. Participants will also be given the opportunity to meet with bilateral donors as well as regional and international organizations during a Trade Fair and networking activities.
There is some issue in accessing document path, Please contact to Site Admin
TopicTransport, logistics and trade facilitation
- Opening Session
- Session 1 - Trade Facilitation efforts and prospective in Africa
- Session 2 - The WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement - Status of ratification, categorisation and notifications in Africa
- Session 3 - The role of the African regional organisations in implementing Trade Facilitation reforms
- Session 4 - The role of NTFCs in the implementation of trade facilitation provisions in the African Continental Free Trade Area
- Session 5 - How to make an NTFC sustainable and ensure political will: best practices, challenges and lessons learned
- Session 6 - Mainstreaming gender equality in trade facilitation
- Session 7 - The role of the NTFCs in the establishment and operation of Electronic Single Window and other paperless initiatives
- Session 8 - Involvement and Role of the Private Sector in NTFCs
- Session 9 - How to engage effectively with other border agencies in a coordinated border management context
- Session 10 - Donors' support for the implementation of trade facilitation reforms and South-South Cooperation
- Session 11 - Available Technical Assistance and Capacity Building in Africa for the Implementation of Trade Facilitation Reforms
- Session 12 - Best practices, challenges and lessons learned in seeking TF technical assistance
- Session 13 - New opportunities and challenges: Transit coordination at the heart of the NTFC
- Session 14 - NTFC experiences in a digitalized trade facilitation world
- Side Event 1 - Trade Portals for Trade Facilitation: How to success
- Side Event 2 - Unleashing Africa's economic integration potential: The case of Trade Facilitation-led Reforms under the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA)
- Side Event 3 - The Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation in Africa
- ECOWAS meeting, organized by the World Bank Group (by invitation)
- Closing Session
Head of the Regional Office for Africa
Trade Facilitation Section, TLB, DTL