The twentieth session of the Intergovernmental Group of Experts on Competition Law and Policy will be held from 20 to 22 July 2022. The session will open at 3 p.m. on Wednesday, 20 July, in Room XVII of the Palais des Nations. Remote participation will also be available.
In line with the agreed conclusions adopted by the Intergovernmental Group of Experts on Competition Law and Policy at its nineteenth session, the deliberations will focus on the following topics:
- Report on the implementation of the guiding policies and procedures under section F of the Set of Multilaterally Agreed Equitable Principles and Rules for the Control of Restrictive Business Practices
- Reports of the working groups on:
- Cross-border cartels;
- Modalities of UNCTAD voluntary peer reviews of competition and consumer protection laws and policies
- The role of competition law and policy in supporting microenterprises and small and medium-sized enterprises during economic recovery in the post-pandemic period
- Rethinking competition law enforcement: Lessons learned from the pandemic, particularly in socially important markets – Challenges and opportunities for an effective response during the pandemic and economic recovery in the post-pandemic period
- Voluntary peer review of competition law and policy: Bangladesh
- Review of capacity-building in and technical assistance on competition law and policy
In order to facilitate the deliberations and the informal exchange of experiences and best practices on the topics to be discussed, member States and observers are requested to submit written contributions to Jacqueline.email@example.com by Friday, 24 June 2022, to allow participants to prepare themselves for the meeting.
Participation and registration
This meeting is open to all member States of UNCTAD. Other organizations, including specialized agencies, intergovernmental bodies and non-governmental organizations in the general category, may participate as observers.
Online registration is mandatory for all those wishing to attend the meeting and is required for inclusion in the list of participants.
A link to the formal virtual meeting will be sent to registered participants, at the email address used for registration, one day in advance of the start of the session.
TopicCompetition and consumer protection
- Intergovernmental Group of Experts on Consumer Protection Law and Policy, sixth session
- Thirteenth Meeting of the UNCTAD Research Partnership Platform
Communications concerning representation:
Intergovernmental Support Service
Palais des Nations
CH-1211 Geneva 10
Fax: 41 22 917 0214
Substantive and other inquiries:
Competition Law and Policy and Consumer Protection Branch
T.: + 41 22 917 18 78