- Resolution on the assessment of the progress made in the implementation of and follow-up to the outcomes of the World Summit on the Information Society
- Resolution on science, technology and innovation for development
- Report on the twenty-sixth session of the Commission on Science and Technology for Development
The Commission on Science and Technology for Development (CSTD) is a subsidiary body of the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) and the United Nations focal point for science, technology and innovation (STI) for development, in analyzing how STI, including information and communications technologies (ICTs), serve as enablers of the 2030 Agenda.
It acts as a forum for strategic planning, sharing lessons learned and best practices, providing foresight about critical trends in STI in key sectors of the economy, the environment and society, and drawing attention to emerging and disruptive technologies.
Every year, the commission has two priority themes. For the twenty-sixth session, these are:
- Technology and innovation for cleaner and more productive and competitive production
- Ensuring safe water and sanitation for all: a solution by science, technology and innovation
The Commission will also review the progress made in the implementation of and follow-up to the outcomes of the World Summit on the Information Society at the regional and international levels; and hear presentations on ongoing science, technology and innovation policy reviews.
Participants will include representatives of Governments, international organizations, civil society and the private sector.
The session will be held with physical participation at the Palais des Nations through a simultaneous interpretation platform in the six official languages of the United Nations on 27-31 March 2023. Remote participation may be possible with limited intervention opportunities.
A link to the session will be sent to all registered participants, at the email address used for registration, one day in advance of the start of the session.
TopicCommission on Science and Technology for Development
- 26th CSTD side event: Application of Satellite Technology to Support Inclusive Implementation of the SDGs
- 26th CSTD side event: panel discussion on protecting information integrity in the age of artificial intelligence (AI)
- 26th CSTD side event: the multi-faceted implications of AI
- 26th CSTD side event: Activating youth innovators: Pathways to enable youth leadership in STI for the sustainable economy
- 26th CSTD Side event: From data protection to data empowerment: good practices from around the world on data spaces, data commons and data governance
- 26th CSTD special session: A conversation with great minds
Mr. Angel Gonzalez-Sanz,
Head, Technology, Innovation and Knowledge Development Branch
Division on Technology and Logistics
Ms. Liping Zhang
Chief, Science, Technology and Innovation for Development Section
Palais des Nations
CH-1211 Geneva 10
Tel: +41 (0) 22 917 5701