The Commission on Science and Technology for Development (CSTD) is a subsidiary body of the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) and the United Nations focal point for science, technology and innovation (STI) for development, in analyzing how STI, including information and communications technologies (ICTs), serve as enablers of the 2030 Agenda.
It acts as a forum for strategic planning, sharing lessons learned and best practices, providing foresight about critical trends in STI in key sectors of the economy, the environment and society, and drawing attention to emerging and disruptive technologies.
Every year, the commission has two priority themes. For the twenty-fourth session, these are:
- Using science, technology and innovation to close the gap on Sustainable Development Goal 3, on good health and well-being.
- Harnessing blockchain for sustainable development: prospects and challenges.
The twenty-fourth session will also review the progress made in the implementation of the outcomes of the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS).
Participants will include ministers and representatives of governments, civil society, the business community, academia and international and regional organizations. Most member states will be represented by high-level delegations.
The session will be conducted through a remote simultaneous interpretation platform with the six official languages of the United Nations. A link to the formal virtual meeting will be sent to registered participants, at the email address used for registration, one day in advance of the start of the session. Details on physical participation, if permissible at that time, will be shared at the earliest possible opportunity.
Additional information and other relevant information will be uploaded to this website in due course. Please monitor this website for updates.
There is some issue in accessing document path, Please contact to Site Admin
TopicCommission on Science and Technology for Development
- CSTD special session: A Conversation with Great Minds
- CSTD side event: Challenges for international scientific partnerships
- CSTD side event: Lessons learned from the health sector using STI to implement the 2030 Agenda and its health-related SDGs
- CSTD side event: Technology assessment in africa
- CSTD side event: Blockchains, towards a new paradigm?
- CSTD 2020-2021 Inter-sessional Panel
Mr. Angel Gonzalez-Sanz,
Head, Science, Technology and ICT Branch
Division on Technology and Logistics
Ms. Liping Zhang
Chief, Science, Technology and Innovation Policy Section
Palais des Nations
CH-1211 Geneva 10
Tel: +41 (0) 22 917 5701
E-mail: [email protected]